Thursday, March 5, 2015

Changing Inside and Out

This past December, I changed my life.

I was settling into my groove as a working Mom and learning to balance it all.  I was happy to be back at work, Eliza was thriving, and things were good. But, I just wasn't feeling like myself.

Jen and I had daydreamed for a while about being business partners in some capacity and she finally took the plunge with Arbonne. I'll post more about the business soon, but today I want to talk about the detox. I'm so grateful to Jennifer for bringing this into my life.

When Jen and began learning about the business, we discovered the 28 Day Detox. This plan is so incredible. Arbonne hasn't created something new, but they've made it beyond easy.

For the longest time, I knew that I wanted to change. I focused for a long time on eating as clean as possible, but found myself depriving myself and eating a lot of foods that weren't as healthy as I believed. My ultimate goal was to set in place habits around which I could raise my children. The fitness side was easy for me but I wasn't making progress. I just kept missing the mark because I was trying to out exercise my fork.

Starting the detox was a revelation for me. It finally made sense and was so simple.

For the longest time, I thought I was having trouble with self-control, when in actuality, I was having trouble with self-respect. I was an emotional eater. I ate when I was sad, I ate when I was happy, I ate to reward myself. I was such a mess! I actually put on weight and found myself weighing more than I did when I came home from the hospital. I needed to change.

We only get one body in this life and we need it to do a lot for us. What we eat matters. I learned so much through this detox. Unfortunately, in today's society we're fighting an uphill battle. It's cheaper to eat unhealthily. It's easier to eat that way. More than anything, it's addictive. Our foods are riddled with pesticides, artificial sugar, GMOs, and preservatives. THIS IS NOT FOOD!  Our bodies literally do not know what to do with them, so they just store them which leave our bodies in a toxic state.

Another goal of this detox is to show you if you have any sensitivities or intolerances to dairy, soy, or gluten.  This re-program is designed for success and I found it.  I truthfully feel better than I can remember in my life. I can run better than ever before; I have the energy to keep up with school, family, and friends; and I finally feel good about myself again which makes everything easier and better. I love accomplishing my goals and the detox got me there and has taught me how to stay there.

It's totally manageable. I've learned to love REAL FOOD and I've learned how full it makes you. I've learned that what I used to eat would spike my blood sugar and make me consistently hungry. I learned why I was holding on to that extra weight. I learned that my protein shakes were keeping me fat. I learned to see foods and quickly figure out what they'll do to my body and how it could set the tone to change the rest of my day. 

I'm just amazed.

I'm amazed and I'm proud and I love that I get to share it with others.

It's a commitment and it's worth it. I feel like myself again...possibly an even better version. I feel prepared to carry these habits along and to pass to them Eliza, which is the greatest gift.

I'm so excited to see what the future holds!

Do I Need to Detox?

My Arbonne Site

No comments:

Post a Comment