Thursday, August 27, 2015

Happy Birthday, Eliza!

I can't even believe a year has gone by. This time last year we were hunkered down in a delivery room with a long day ahead of us. You know how they say a woman forgets their labor? It's so true! When I think back, I remember a beautiful day of my body performing some pretty incredible miracles. I remember Ryan coaching me through pushing and giving me the motivation to push one more time and meet our incredible daughter. It was a truly amazing experience.

Then there has been motherhood. I could never have been prepared for the way my life would change. Those first few weeks/months were pretty scary. That I haven't forgotten. I have never been one to operate under such self-doubt, so this was a very new concept! But, Ryan and I linked arms and really powered through. Eliza has had such an uncanny way of cementing our relationship. Ryan is truly my partner and I'm so grateful for this beautiful girl who has joined us in a new way. We will ALWAYS be Eliza's parents.

Eliza, what an incredible little person you are. You're so very brave. You are never afraid of ANYTHING which gives your Mommy a lot of anxiety! You've never met a stranger and are so kind and warm to everyone you meet. You bring a lot of smiles to your friends and family, but also to a lot of people we don't know! You give sweet grins from the shopping cart seat in the grocery store, waves to people in the neighborhood from your stroller, and the sweetest little head tilts from your high chair in restaurants. You have a wonderful sense of humor and love to make people laugh. You know exactly what to do to crack everyone up. You mimic EVERYTHING and learn really fast. You figured out how to walk and haven't looked back! I'm pretty sure you'll be running any day now. 

More than anything, you're Daddy's little girl. You've softened my ESPN watching hubby and you melt his heart. You have your daddy wrapped right around your little finger and he would do anything for you. I love watching you together.

Eliza Ward, you're my best buddy and I've cherished every second of this life with you. You've turned our world upside down and we wouldn't change a thing about it! Stay brave, stay funny, and stay kind. The world is yours for the taking!

No comments:

Post a Comment